And It Must Be Said

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tough love...tough to love

I love Dallas Theological Seminary.

I want you to read that again and please remove any hint of sarcasm or other atittude you generally associate with me and things I say....sigh....

I say that because as much as I like to poke fun at the institution educating my husband, I also have much love and respect for it. I love the things he is learning. I love the friends he has. I love that the few times I've been on campus professors call him by name, and then ask who I am and what I do. As seminaries go, this one is at the top of my list.

But it is not perfect. There are attitudes there that drive me insane. I call it into question because I love it. God calls me into question because He loves me. Not that those two things are much of a comparison, but I think I'm allowed some room to be honest and still love.

So I write this because it is important to me that you know that. And also because one of my friends told me I sounded like a total liberal bi*** with my last post. I'm trying to dispel that rumor.

So, thanks to those of you who emailed me your submissions because you didn't want them associated with your name. There were multiple of you. And they were quite funny, much better than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home