And It Must Be Said

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sleepless Nights

2 Nights Ago, approximately 2:00 am…

Me: Laying in bed, wide awake in my cold-medicine anti-coma
Benj: Sleeping peacefully beside me.

When Suddenly!

Benj: Sits straight up, stares at the clock. Laughs hysterically for a lengthy period of time.
Me: Sigh. Seeeriously! Lay back down!
Benj: Stops laughing. Lays back down.
Me: Snuggle up next to him and giggling, whisper, “What were you laughing at?”
Benj: I AM NOT LAUGHING!
Me: You were. You were sleepwalking.
Benj: NO I WASN’T!

At this point, I am finding that the angrier he gets makes the situation even funnier.

Me, laughing: Ok, dude. Whatever.
Benj: You are making me ANGRY! You are BOTHERING me!
Greta: Right, right, sorry, sorry. Lets just go to sleep.
Benj: FINE! Angry snorts and sighs.

The Next Morning…

Greta: So…do you want to explain why you were getting so mad at me last night?
Benj: I have no idea what you are talking about.

As this season of tests, projects, papers and general end-of-semester craziness commences, the incidences of sleepwalking in my house also rises….to the tune of about every other night. I need some sleep. Anyone have any home remedies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home