And It Must Be Said

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, I have a really good reason for why I haven't posted in a while. I've been in California for 15 days and they don't have the internet there anymore. Seriously. It has something to do with falling off into the ocean and then there was all the rain....OK just kidding, but that's in honor of all of you non-Californians who say those kinds of crazy things about California.

I didn't post because I was having a blast with friends and family, eating In and Out and sleeping in. Man, I love vacations. I love them even more now that I'm back in school...no work AND no homework? This is incredible!

Some highlights from my 2 weeks in CA:
  • Burger and Movie tradition with my family (We saw Narnia - it was great!)
  • Playing Telephone Pictionary with my in-laws. We were trying to get my sister-in-law to go into labor. It didn't work.
  • Getting a Palm Pilot. Now my crazy list-making self can go CRAZY, and I'm on my way there...the 5 hour plane trip was great for list making.
  • Finding my Curious George Calendar after a painstakingly long search. I cannot start a year without one!
  • Making Veranikas with my mom and sister...FYI, Veranikas are a German Mennonite ravioli-type dish. Mom grew up German Mennonite and the food is kick ass. Although I don't think my Mennonite relatives would appreciate me saying ass.

Other exciting news for 06? One of my resolutions is to blog once a week. Check out my Books blog below, I'm serious about needing reccomendations. Stay tuned....Greta's 2006 Resolutions coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home